Saturday, May 8, 2010

Turning 30 is not so Bad when you have Family, Friends and Wine


Last weekend, I turned the big 3-0 and thanks to great family and friends it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. In fact, I had a great Birthday that filled with the people I love, sangria, delicious food and a pinata.

Just when I was beginning to think that no one was reading my blog, I was surprised again. Just take a look at some of the gifts I received:
  • A set of 4 Riedel stemless wine glasses (I know the giver is a little worried about me using these due to my tendency to break wine glasses. I promise I will be careful Rebecca, and if I do break one...or four, you know it was because I was just having too much fun!)

  • A collectible Lolita wine glass called "30 ish" (I wish it said 20 ish)

  • A Shopper's Drugmart gift card (To buy aspirin for my red wine headaches)

  • Gift certificates for the LCBO (I may surprise everyone and use these to buy vodka)

  • The Wine Bible (This will definitely be useful when I am trying to write pretentious posts. Or maybe I will actually learn something...)

Now for the wine:

  • Cave Spring Cabernet/Merlot 2007

  • Creekside Viognier 2008
  • Fazi Battaglia Titulus 2008 (I am very intrigued by this one, mostly because I have no idea what it is and I can't find it in my Wine Bible!)

  • Moselland Arsvitis Riesling 2004

  • Creekside Pinot Noir Rose 2007

  • Vitae Sangiovese 2007

  • Fat Bastard Cabernet Sauvignon 2008

I love it when other people buy you wine. I have a selection here that for the most part I wouldn't have chosen for myself. I am so excited to try all of these (from from my new Reidel wine glasses) and blog about each. So stay tuned, and the pool is now open to see how long it takes me to break a glass!





No comments:

Post a Comment