It's Saturday night, I am poor student and I want a glass of wine. That means it is Fuzion time. For those of you who don't know about this wine, which made it's first appearance at the LCBO in the summer of 2008, take $7.45 and buy a bottle. That's right, $7.45. As the economy crashed this Argentinian wine made it's appearance. It soon became the hot wine of 2008 as it flew off the shelves quicker than LCBO could restock them.
Because I am not a wine snob, I believe that you can get a decent bottle of wine for a good price. This is a decent wine, if you don't believe me just Google Fuzion and read the many articles about it. Billy's Best Bottles by Billy Munnelly describes the Shiraz-Malbec as "smooth, soft, with spicy sweet vanilla flavours. A knock-off of Aussie Shiraz!"
On Saturday, we had the Shiraz-Malbec and the Chenin Blanc. I preferred the red, but as we have learned that may of been due to the mood I was in. I find the Shiraz-Malbec to be very smooth. From my research, Malbecs are very "fruit forward" and I have to say with the Fuzion I can taste the fruit! Woohoo! My my palate has become more refined! I have also learned that Shiraz is more peppery. I may have missed the pepper in this wine...
Overall I had a great night with Fuzion. I got to have a cheap and tasty glass of wine and a night dancing. And let me tell you I was dancin'! What more does a girl need to love life?
Here is a list of other wines that won't hurt the wallet. I have not tried all of them, but I do see a challenge coming on...
1. Cantina Tollo Rocca Ventosa Trebbiano d'Abruzzo 2007 (Italy), $7.80
2. Dopff & Irion Crystal d'Alsace Sylvaner 2006 (France), $12.45
3. Jacques & Francois Lurton Les Fumées Blanches 2007 (France), $11.45
4. Leaping Horse Chardonnay 2007 (California), $12.30 in Ontario
5. Peninsula Ridge Inox Chardonnay 2007 (Ontario), $12.95
1. Gabbiano Chianti (Italy), $13.95
2. KWV Roodeberg (South Africa), $13
3. Marcus James Malbec 2007 (Argentina), $9.25
4. Strewn Rogues Lot Cabernet Franc-Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 (Ontario), $12.95